Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.
Our Providers Make a Difference Everyday. Join Our Team.
Primary Care Physician Experienced with SPMI Patients
Full- or Part-time Opportunity
Location: North Main Street in Providence, Rhode Island
PCHC offers a fulfilling career for those who want to make a difference in the community and desire a patient-centered care team approach to healthcare.
Overview of the opportunity:
- Primary care clinic is a patient-centered medical home embedded within a regional psychiatry facility
- Clinic operates as part of a larger multi-site urban community health center focused on total population health
- Patients are 18+ years of age, most with co-existing Severe and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) conditions
- Weekday outpatient clinic. No weekends.
- Internal Medicine or Family Medicine with experience and interest in community health and patient-centered care
- 3+ years of experience working with complex and high-risk populations
- Works collaboratively with primary care team, community health workers, nurse care managers, psychiatrists and other specialists
- Medical License in Rhode Island
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Bilingual and bicultural skills valued but not required.
- Competitive Salary and Quarterly Incentives
- Excellent Benefits Package including matched Retirement Savings
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus time for CME
- FTCA Malpractice with Lifetime Tail Coverage
- NHSC and State Loan Repayment eligible
- J1 waivers and H1B visas
About PCHC: We have been serving the city of Providence for over 50 years— the first federally qualified health center in Rhode Island. We provide integrated behavioral health, nurse care management, and in-house optometry, podiatry, dermatology and asthma/allergy services. We have 500 employees and provide care for 60,000 patients. PCHC offers some of the highest quality care among all community health centers in the United States.
All inquiries will remain confidential.
PCHC is a is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.