Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.
Our Providers Make a Difference Everyday. Join Our Team.
Providence Community Health Centers, Inc. is an innovative, federally qualified health center with a solid leadership team. We are currently recruiting for a Family Nurse Practitioner for a full-time position at one of our clinics in Providence. We offer a fulfilling career for nurse practitioner providers who want to make a difference in the community and appreciate a patient-centered care team approach to healthcare.
- PCHC has been serving the community for over 50 years.
- Eight neighborhood-based clinics are NCQA Level 3 patient-centered medical homes that serve a multicultural population.
- Our provider team includes 70+ Nurse Practitioners, Pediatricians, Family Physicians, Internists, OB-GYN Physicians, Pediatricians and Dentists.
- Team-based care – Each provider works with a dedicated RN and medical assistant/translator
- PCHC clinics provide integrated behavioral health, nurse care management, and in-house optometry, podiatry and asthma/allergy.
- We provide primary care for 60,000 patients in Providence and the surrounding community.
- Despite significant barriers to care, PCHC delivers some of the highest quality care among all community health centers in the United States
Primary Responsibilities: Weekday outpatient clinic. No weekends.
Qualifications and Skills:
3-5 years’ experience as a licensed Nurse Practitioner in community health; Certified as Family Nurse Practitioner; RN and Family Nurse Practitioner training program from accredited university; Licensed in Rhode Island as RN and as NP with prescriptive privileges; Must conform to prescribed standards for continuing education as indicated by state and national advisory boards; Basic Life Support (BLS) certification; Bilingual and bicultural skills valued but not required
Competitive Salary, CME and Paid Time Off
Incentives for Quality Care and Production
Excellent Benefits Package including matched Retirement Savings
FTCA Malpractice with Lifetime Tail Coverage
State Loan Repayment
J1 waivers and H1B visas welcome
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Take a complete medical history and do a physical examination on PCHC patients as clinically appropriate.
- Diagnose and treat common medical problems in your specific fields of competence. Consult with the appropriate PCHC physician at the FNP’s health center, or with the appropriate PCHC physician on call, or with the Associate Medical Director, as needed and in accordance with PCHC policies and procedures to assure good care.
- Manage acute and chronic illness collaborating as needed with the PCHC M.D. and assist in coordinating care for these patients with other members of the health center and/or with services outside of the health center.
- Provide patient education and preventive medicine as clinically indicated.
- Provide counseling and support as clinically appropriate, in areas of social problems recognizing the emotional component of illness, making referrals to mental health professionals as needed.
- Maintain a close, ongoing relationship with PCHC physicians and consult with the appropriate PCHC physician, as needed in accordance with PCHC policies and procedures and standards of good care.
- Review more complex or serious patient problems with the appropriate PCHC physician at each session or with the on call physician or the Medical Director. Refer patients to the physician as need and as outlined in PCHC policies and procedures and standards of good care.
- Serve as a resource person for other health center personnel.
- Act as an advocate for the patient and family.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all levels of interaction in accordance with State and federal laws and regulations.
- Patient Centered Medical Care Management: Works with all members of the Health Care Team towards achieving coordinated patient centered care. Demonstrates knowledge of the goals and objectives of PCHC’s patient care management plan. Effectively able to perform and communicate individual task within role in the process.
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Providence Community Health Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.