Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.
Our Providers Make a Difference Everyday. Join Our Team.
Providence Community Health Centers, Inc., (PCHC), is the largest Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Rhode Island. We are seeking an experienced Dentist to provide preventive and restorative services in dentistry, promoting optimum oral health. This position reports to the Director of Clinical Services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care to scheduled patients and/or walk-in patients when necessary, in accordance with PCHC policies and state statutes and regulations.
- Provide consultation to other health care providers.
- Participate in scheduled meetings for case management or quality improvement.
- Consult and collaborate with other center staff.
- Participate in any formulation and evaluation of applicable protocols.
- Provide off-hours coverage for on-call system as specific at time of employment.
- Responsible for quality improvement activities established with his/her input by the Health Center or as required by funding or regulatory agency.
- Participate in on-site and off-site continuing education programs and in-service training, to maintain license and to meet the need of the people.
- Supervise interns and students (hygienists, dental assistants) following requirements within agreement with associated dental schools.
- Manage dental clinic, including staff supervision and day-to-day operations.
- Participate in PCHC outreach activities in accordance with PCHC Policies and Procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Dentistry
- Licensed to practice dentistry in the state of Rhode Island.
- Maintain on-going professional education and certification as mandated by specialty board or state regulation.
- Experience in primary care setting preferred.
- Experience in pediatric dentistry
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
PCHC is an innovative federally qualified community health center with a solid leadership team. For nearly 50 years, our neighborhood-based clinics are NCQA Level 3 patient-centered medical homes that serve a multicultural population. Our care team includes 60+ Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, OB-GYN Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Dentists. PCHC also provides integrated behavioral health, nurse case management, and in-house optometry and asthma/allergy services. Teaching opportunities are available.
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Providence Community Health Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.