Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.
Our Providers Make a Difference Everyday. Join Our Team.
Reports To: Program Director Faculty Physician Primary Care Fellowship
The Assistant Director, Nurse Practitioner Residency will assist the Program Director in oversight of clinicians participating in the PCHC NP Family Medicine residency program. This practitioner will work in collaboration with the program director to coordinate and further develop all aspects of the residency program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, direct supervision and precepting of residents engaged in clinical care, documentation review, curriculum development and presentation of didactic material, and active participation in ongoing resident evaluation and assessments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out clinical responsibilities as outlined in the Primary Care NP clinician job description.
- Function as a faculty clinician providing longitudinal care plan stability for complex patients enrolled in the primary care residency patient panel
- Oversee and facilitate patient care provided by clinicians participating in the residency
- Responsible for the care delivery of patients in the teaching panel. Faculty members should coordinate appropriate coverage for fellowship teaching and panel management during time away
- Collaborate with the PCHC medical leadership team, the Health Center Director and operational team. Additional collaborations may include partner NP / PA training programs with the development and delivery of the didactic portions of the curriculum
- Assist in the management of a team of newly graduated medical clinicians to:
- ensure compliance with PCHC policies and all applicable state and federal regulations
- improve clinical diagnostic skills and understanding of chronic disease management
- emphasize judicious and safe usage of medications, function collaboratively with a senior clinician, and make appropriate referrals to in-house and community specialists
- utilize tools and data to deliver high quality care and manage a population of patients
- work collaboratively with allied health providers in the setting of an advance practice medical home
- foster a philosophy of lifelong learning and continuous medical education
- Provide onboarding support and mentorship of new providers. Maintain an awareness of clinical staff concerns, and elicit feedback from personnel regarding concerns and ideas for suggestions.
- Assist in the implementation of organizational initiatives involving the primary care residency
- Participate in CME activities to develop and maintain teaching expertise in all facets of related medical education and population health
- Participate in the evaluation of clinician skills, and in the development of any remedial or disciplinary activities for residency participants if needed
- Assist with the oversight of the clinical quality measures of the residency teaching panel, including medications, referrals, and evidence-based utilization of resources
- Participate in the development and implementation of relevant residency policies and practice guidelines
- Actively participate in the interview process for applicants to the residency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Board certification as Family Nurse Practitioner
- Must meet the qualifications outlined in the PCHC Nurse Practitioner job description. Must be able to provide and oversee clinical care of traditional family medicine patient panel, including pediatric and geriatric populations, and primary care gynecology.
- Prior experience with graduate level clinical instruction. Previous curriculum development experience desired.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of primary care experience in a PCMH medical home setting. Population health experience preferred.
- Able to acquire and maintain unrestricted RI medical license and DEA certifications, as well as credentialing with Medicare and RI insurance carriers.
Essential Working Conditions and Environment:
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports and journals and basic statistical and financial reports required. Ability to respond to inquiries and complaints from patients, regulatory agencies, or members of the community is essential. Ability to write well is essential. Ability to effectively present information to staff, senior management, and community members is essential.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations is required.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form is required. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in situations where only limited standardization may exist is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; and balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
SUMMARY OF OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE: Classified by CDC as High
All inquiries will remain confidential.
Providence Community Health Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.